Sunday, May 30, 2010

Budget Booze

Well, value booze would probably be a more accurate title, but it lacks that alliteration I love so much. Basically, I'm going to throw out names of a few items I think offer great bang for the buck. Today, I'll talk rum and vodka, since they tend to be alcoholic staples for me. Prices based on the big 1.75L bottles unless otherwise noted.

Cruzan Estate  - Quite possibly the best value in anything ever. I can usually find it for a mere $12, and what's in the bottle actually tastes good. Both the light and dark are smooth as can be.


Mount Gay Eclipse - Typically costs a Jackson, and tastes as good if not better than a fair number of rums I've tried at twice the price.

Luksusowa - A Polish import and one of the few readily available potato vodkas on the market. Also one of the smoothest vodkas I've ever had. I know of little that even comes close to matching it within $15 or more of the $20-24 price range where I usually find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment