Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A minor addendum to the previous entry

Since I mentioned my love of other flavors in the Talenti and Ciao Bella lines, I figured I'd mention a few of the standouts among the many I've tried.

Talenti Roman Raspberry Sorbet: Tastes like real raspberry and not the usual fake artificial raspberry flavoring. Goes down smooth, crisp, and clean.

Talenti Double Dark Chocolate Gelato: I'm a chocoholic, and this gelato is everything I want in a straight-up chocolate-flavored frozen treat. Rich as hell, creamy as can be, and tastes like a fist of pure dark chocolate pounding on your tongue. The pieces of semisweet chocolate don't hurt either.

Ciao Bella Key Lime Graham Gelato: Key lime pie stuffed into a one pint ice cream container. It's a hair light for a gelato, and maybe even for ice cream as well, but not so much that it ruins my enjoyment of the fantastic flavor. The graham cracker has been rendered into powder, so the bits aren't noticeable beyond the flavor they bring into the equation. No gross texture anomalies here.

Ciao Bella Blood Orange Sorbet: A perfect balance of sweet and tart. I could eat this one all day, every day.

If you only ever try one thing I recommend, make it this.

No comments:

Post a Comment