Sunday, June 27, 2010

Spicy chicken round-up

By now, most people are aware Chik-Fil-A finally added a spicy chicken sandwich to the menu. I tried it myself recently, so I figured I'd compare and contrast Chik-Fil-A's offering with my current (former?) favorite, the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's.

Chicken patty - The chicken itself is about the same. I like the crunchy texture of the Wendy's breading, but the Chik-Fil-A breading has more of a spicy kick to it. This category is a bit of a toss-up for me.

Bun - Chik-Fil-A's buns have always seemed soggy, flabby, and a little greasy to me. Wendy's buns maintain some degree of firmness, so they take this category.

Load-out - Wendy's likes to ruin perfectly good sandwiches with mayo. You can obviously order without, but I have to remember to order it that way AND the food preparer has to remember to deviate from standard procedure. The minuscule amount of veggie matter on a Wendy's sandwich is more or less unnoticeable, even as a textural component. Chik-Fil-A only uses a few pickle slices, but you can actually taste those. Chik-Fil-A gets the win.

Combo factor - Why would I want limp, bland fries from Wendy's when I could have waffle fries? Chik-Fil-A, hands down.

Overall - Chik-Fil-A wins. Fatality.

No comments:

Post a Comment