Sunday, June 6, 2010

My perfect snack

Deep fried peanuts. I must admit, I thought the idea sounded terrible the first time I laid eyes on them a couple of years ago, and I was incredibly leery of eating the shells. I'm glad I got past all that and gave them a try.

Uncle Bud's Deep Fried Peanuts are crunchy and delicious. On the first bite, you get the crunch of the shell along with the flavor of the seasoning used on it. Continued chewing reveals the peanut-y goodness underneath. The shell is basically all fiber and indigestibles, so these peanuts will fill you up fast for not too many calories. You can remove the shell before eating, but after trying them whole, I fail to understand why anyone would do so. You have to take it easy on the shells though; too many at once and the fragments tend to cluster. You know, once they're inside. Leads to potential unpleasantness later. A risk I ultimately find myself more than willing to take.

The best flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment